EMS systems integration was started in 1993 by a group of ITN project engineers with a wealth of experience in broadcast engineering. Close working relationships were established with the main broadcast institutions - many of these are still our clients today.
The industry changed, so with our engineering knowledge we evolved into recruitment and became EMS personnel.
This engineering background is what makes us unique in Broadcast Recruitment.
Our clients want greater flexibility over resources and control of their costs. This impacts on many technical, engineering, post production, operations and creative functions within the industry, most significantly on one of the most costly resource of them all, personnel, the talent behind the industry.
The networks we have created and our unique broadcast background ensures only the best candidates are put forward and represented.
Since 2018 we have added a dedicated operations, post production and creative team to our already successful technical side.
The 20's are here and we have changed our name (only slightly) to EMS personnel in order to encompass our Operations and Post Production areas. We are no longer just technical experts!
- 1993 EMS (Electronic Media Systems) is formed as a Broadcast Systems Integration company by four ex ITN engineers in Holborn WC1.
- 1994/5 Our first major project – the Digitalisation and re-design of Studio 2 at The London Studios, Southbank
- 1995/6 The Digitalisation and re-design of Studio 1 at The London Studios Southbank.
- 1997/8 As our business grows we design and build On Digital (which became ITV Digital) in Battersea.
- 1998 EMS personnel (recruitment specialists) is formed by Dermot and Phil to run alongside the Systems Integration.
- 1999/07 EMS continue to carry out Systems Integration projects whilst Dermot is building up EMS personnel by supplying specialist broadcast staff.
- 2000 We move to larger offices in Waterloo Road SE1.
- 2000/08 EMS Systems Integration and the new recruitment arm run alongside each other.
- 2008 EMS stop taking on Systems Integration projects to fully focus on Broadcast Recruitment.
- 2008 EMS personnel supply a large installation team for the technical fit out of BBC Scotland.
- 2009 Our office moves to Chiswick closer to the Broadcast Industry.
- 2009/13 Increasingly busy times, with the transition from SD to HD and the digital switch over. We establish ourselves as the premier broadcast recruitment specialists.
- 2010 EMS personnel goes through a radical rebranding exercise launching a new website, corporate identity, exhibition stand design and clearer messaging.
- 2012 EMS expand and we reorganise our internal teams. Alan Hatvany heads our Engineering and Technical department. Paul Bradley heads our senior Technical staff department and permanent placements. Samantha Meah heads our Post and Op’s department as well as dealing with compliance.
- 2014/15 Our reputation continues to grow and we have gained Preferred Supplier Status with 14 major broadcasters.
- 2016 Returning to busy times there are some major projects underway using new technology such as, Ultra HD (UHD/4K/8K/HEVC), IPTV, cloud based systems, streaming media.
- 2016 Updated website is launched in September with a new exhibition stand for IBC.