This role at our West London based Broadcaster client is a key part of the VOD team, responsible for the programming and scheduling of content across multiple non-linear platforms.
The role involves forward planning and producing regular Catch up, VOD and TVOD schedules to meet existing affiliate requirements, and for internal use.
Key requirements are experience of the non-linear VOD and OTT landscape as either a content scheduler or within programme planning and a passion for everyting non- linear
• Create and issue Catch Up and VOD programming schedules
• Editorial selection of content, and reviewing rights and language availability within territories
• Create and maintain availabilities and data for TVOD products
• Coordinate schedules, structures and metadata to match and meet quotas and contractual obligations.
• Work collaboratively with VOD Operations team and other internal teams to ensure that each client receives the planned content within the agreed deadlines, and within agreed specifications
• Help to maintain a healthy and productive business relationship with key external affiliate partners.
• Help contribute to the planning of VOD stunts by suggesting programming themes based on scheduling priorities, current/historical events or other compelling topics.
• Research existing non-linear products and platforms and maintain a thorough knowledge of existing broadcasting and non-linear developments
• Contribute with ideas to the ongoing digital strategy across our VOD and OTT services, and any ad hoc projects required by the VOD Manager
• Provide cover for other members of the VOD team when necessary
• Strong experience of VOD & OTT content scheduling and/or Programme Planning.
• Passion for, and understanding of the non-linear landscape and OTT services
• Experience with broadcasting scheduling systems such as IBMS or similar, and strong excel skills
• Understanding of metadata requirements
• Proven track record in delivering quality solutions under tight deadlines with the ability to work accurately when under pressure.
• High degree of creative and analytical thinking with the ability to solve problems should they occur.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Good communication style and experience in maintaining close working relationships with various departments and external clients.
• Team player and able to work effectively on own initiative when required.