Video Editor - Job Description
Our client – an international news company - is looking for an experienced Video Editor with excellent Premier Pro and Avid skills and a real interest in News.
The Operations team exists to support the editorial vision of the client. Encompassing a number of roles across studio and post-production the goal of the department is to provide first class service and support in fulfilling the editorial remit of the network.
Background to the role:
We are presently looking for experienced Broadcast Video Editors to work at our client’s London News Centre based in West London. This role will require you to be fully conversant with the Adobe Premier Pro software and Avid edit systems, and have experience of a wide range of programme styles. You will be expected to work conscientiously under tight deadlines, often independently, to get meaningful stories to air, whilst at all times remaining professional and approachable. You will need a good understanding of News and programme production requirements in order to service and support the News Team's output.
- Provide first-class support to News & Programmes
- Support editorial staff in delivering video material on time and to specifications
- Develop compelling and engaging content to broadcast specifications quickly and diligently.
- Demonstrate intuitive control of Adobe Premier Pro and Avid edit systems
- Maintain and manage news archives with our team of media managers
- Effectively collaborate with producers, reporters, managers and other editors to produce high quality news stories.
- Actively problem solve creative and technical issues offering advice where possible.
- Learn and develop knowledge of in-house proprietary software
The successful candidate will:
- Have an interest in news and current affairs.
- Edit content quickly and diligently.
- Have professional edit experience using Premier Pro and Avid edit systems in a shared storage area network.
- Have a conscientious work ethos.
- Be familiar working with elements including GFX, VOs, SOTs, Music and preproduction materials.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn proprietary equipment and software.
- Help maintain and manage news archives with our team of media managers.
- Be able to search and source materials from multiple outlets and platforms.
- Be flexible and perform any other editing duties as assigned on a varied shift rota including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Excel at work within a culturally and ethnically diverse staff.
- Have strong written and verbal skills.
- 3 years or more solid and/or demonstrable experience in a similar role is desirable.
- Further skills include Grading, Audio mixing, VO Record, GFX and VFX, therefore familiarity with After Effects and Photoshop is a bonus.
- Must be able to work proactively, often unaided to a brief and be able to juggle multiple editing assignments with strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of current television production practices essential.