Senior Network Engineer
Our Client is a leading international film services company and they are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join their team.
This role is responsible for the design, implementation, management and monitoring of all data and video network services. Working as part of the Systems Engineering team you will ensure the 24/7 availability of our mission-critical content processing services.
Ensure the evolving network meets or exceeds industry security requirements, company performance requirements whilst maintaining flexibility for a changing business model
The configuration of Cisco and Mellanox based network across 4 buildings and 5 locations (including third-party data centres). Additionally, build/manage application platform networks
Network Management & Monitoring
Ensure effective monitoring of all network services to achieve the highest levels of availability – We operate 24/7.
Issue & Problem Management
Manage all network related issues, resolving within agreed SLAs or escalating within the Problem Management Framework. Collaborate with third parties to resolve critical problems
You will lead the adoption of automation processes and techniques for network deployment and management.
As a senior member of the System Engineering Team, you will mentor and coach other team members.
Implement security standards
Meet or exceed industry security standards. Active participation in security audits, penetration testing, etc. Management of multiple firewall technologies – currently Cisco but will include Palo Alto in October 2019. Ensure all network devices are appropriately patched and monitored including active reviews of log data for potential threats.
As part of the Technology team, you will have opportunities to learn new technologies, particularly focused on high bandwidth video applications. We operate on paid call rotas and overtime – this helps but ultimately your commitment is what matters most.
- Minimum 6 years' experience working at CCNP level
- Working knowledge Cisco routers, firewall and switches e.g. ASA 5585, ASR 1000x, Firepower IPS, Catalyst/Nexus switches.
- Experience with Cisco ISE with dot1x an advantage
- Working knowledge and proven application of advanced routing (OSPF, BGP)
- Experience supporting and configuring a range of network devices and technologies – routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, QoS, etc.
- Proven experience in network design and implementation
- Experience of Enterprise and Data Centre networking
- Excellent knowledge of secure networking and management of secure commercial environments
- Experience with various flavours of Linux Red Hat or Ubuntu