West London Broadcaster Client
This role will be responsible for the break optimisation and presentation scheduling across our portfolio of sport, and semi sport/entertainment channels in the Nordic Region. It involves liaising with the Programme Planning Team, Sport, Sales and Marketing Departments as well as the in-house Content Operations, Preview and Compliance, Live On- Air Team and Transmission Department to ensure the delivery of fully optimised, editorially sound and compliant playlists.
- Preparing mid-term programme schedules, ensuring these are accurate for press release. Break modeling, optimising on–air time and commercial time in accordance with inventory and marketing strategy, while keeping the desired programme start times set out by the Programme Planning Department and ensuring continuity. This also includes work with optimal minute across some territories.
- Preparing live sport break structure following running orders, Sport Department guidelines and commercial/promotional inventory.
- Import and update external Eurosport program grids. Plan and schedule local windows in cooperation with Sport Production and Programme Planning Departments. Prepare long term programme schedule, ensuring programme grid is accurate and current for press release.
- Assessing and optimising airtime for local broadcast windows and keep pan feed window durations in accordance with latest programme grid. Assessing and optimising commercial time for local and pan feed windows in accordance with sport structure and break requirements.
- Re-optimise commercial time in accordance with inventory needs and regulatory restrictions. Assess and adjust as required in cooperation with the Sales Team and Sports Department.
- Being reactive to changes in programme content, sport rights and repeats of live events, adjusting the schedules accordingly.
- Daily on-air scheduling, liaising with in-territory and UK departments to ensure a fully optimised and compliant playlist.
- Support scheduling of live sport broadcasts including contingency playlist, ensuring break pattern is matching the sport format, ensuring all information related to the live broadcast have been passed on, air-look is correctly scheduled and commercial/promotional inventory is optimised.
- Providing assistance to the Live Team with information about the sport, setup decided in territory, and contingency scenarios as required by various type of sports broadcasted on the channels
- Execute playlist updates and manual changes in accordance with set procedures ensuring broadcast reliability.
- Schedule on-air look in accordance with channel and slot branding. Schedule special placement graphics, such as legal required graphics or commercial graphics.
- Schedule and maintain contingency playlist for standard broadcast as required by SOP’s.
- Liaising with Content, Previewing and Transmission Teams to follow up technical issues related to scheduled material such as commercials, programmes and trailers in running playlists or scheduled for immediate broadcast.
- Liaising with Subtitle Coordinators ensuring subtitles and audio description files are available in time for broadcast.
- Assist in the testing and implementation of new software development, upgrades and workflows as required by the Management Team.
- Assist and support other teams within the Programming Department with various ad-hoc tasks as needed.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in free to air/commercial on-air scheduling. Candidates with experience considered to be equivalent may be considered.
- Good knowledge of the scheduling system What’s On or equivalent system.
- Great understanding of sport & live broadcast
- An understanding of the End to End Broadcast chain.
- Good knowledge of break optimisation and marketing Strategies
- Experience with local Nordics broadcast regulators is a benefit but not a must.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self-starter, highly motivated and a good team player
- Experience of working in an international organisation is beneficial but not a must
- Capable of decision making and maintaining high performance while working under pressure
- Great organization skills with outstanding attention to details
- Proficient in Office Microsoft package and Good IT skills