Top Salary paid by our client which will be dependent on background and experience. (Please call to discuss)
We are looking for an experienced broadcast software engineer to join our clients team to work on the common NMOS support modules for BNCS and our new sister product BNCS NexGen.
Key responsibilities for the role:-
- Work with the current NMOS developer to take over ownership of the deliverables associated with NMOS support in BNCS and NexGen.
- Undertake development C# and C++ to meet the requirements as documented in the user stories
- Undertake integration and configuration activities to ensure the developed modules can integrate with the wider NexGen and BNCS platforms
- Ensure that all data is processed and published inline with the agreed specifications
- Work closely with the Architect and Product Owner to ensure that design is fully captured and updated as appropriate
- Ensure that the modules are documented and packaged ready for commercial release
- Ensure that all activities undertaken by the individual are accurately are tracked using JIRA
- Work closely with the SCRUM Manager/ PM to ensure that any delivery blockers and/or issues are flagged.
- Work closely with the Business Analyst and Product owner to ensure that user stories for NMOS are fully understood and documented
- Work closely with the test team and BA to ensure all stories have acceptance criteria and support them in their testing activities.
- Be able to demonstrate the functionality of the NMOS modules to customers and key internal stakeholders
- Attend NMOS incubator events to represent our client (these may be outside the UK)
- Create user panels in the NextGen UI framework and BNCS
- Knowledge of key Broadcast concepts – broadcast routing and tally management essential
- Knowledge of NMOS specification – nice to have but would be expected to gain these quickly
- Experience of developing for broadcast control e.g. BNCS, VSM, Dataminer - desirable
- Experience of interfacing with RESTful API’s essential
- Strong .Net/ C # development experience essential
- Experience of C++ development desirable
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment essential
- Experience of utilising a message bus such as RabbitMQ, MQTT essential
- Experience of integrating with SQL style databases desirable
- Experience of integrating with non-SQL databases such as MongoDB, CouchDB etc desirable
- Experience with containerisation especially Docker desirable