Our client is the leading services provider to the entertainment industry, they produce, deliver, archive and monetise content and are currently looking for a Production Engineer to work in their recently refurbished facility in West London, The location is well served by public transport and there is plenty of parking. You will have extensive experience in production, post production, distribution and asset management technologies.
This role will provide Monday to Friday support for the key technologies with the production environment to ensure maximum up time of services. They will identify and resolve underlying problems, document support procedures, align to the companies support procedures and process whilst working towards the Technology Services Team objectives.
- Resolve high priority requests for support within specified SLAs and log within a ticketing system.
- Resolve alerts from monitoring systems and action tickets from a ticketing system within specified SLAs.
- Ensure any tickets assigned are updated and actioned within specified SLA.
- Ensure On-Boarding is (third party and end point) carried out in line with customer expectations.
- Perform upgrades to existing technology components as required.
- Carry out preventative maintenance plans.
- Ensure the root cause of any issues are found and best practice resolutions are implemented.
- Use automation where possible to increase time to resolution whilst ensuring failures are logged underlying problems are resolved.
- Document support procedures and ensure knowledge bases and asset databases are kept up to date.
- Ensure Technology Services team processes are adhered to.
- Be a part of an on call rota to provide 24/7 cover to the business ensuring the SLAs are met.
The candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience and skill-set:
- Ability to logically troubleshoot complex technical issues.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis.
- Understanding of service management processes (eg ITIL) and their importance.
- Excellent organisational, verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to adjust style according to audience.
- Thorough understanding of broadcast video, audio and metadata fundamentals. Understanding of XML is highly desirable. Knowledge of emerging formats 4K / UHD / IMF along with HDR is useful.
- Good understanding of video and audio content, be able to evaluate, gauge and classify defects in either video or audio program material.
- Experience with all major file formats (MPEG2, H.264, WMV, QT, etc.).
- Ability to communicate technical subject matter to wide audiences (both in verbally and in writing).
- Able to comfortably engage with clients (internal and external) in a highly professional and helpful manner.
- Resourceful, adaptable and able to operate in a fast-pace, high pressure environment often working to tight deadlines.
- Provide thorough, detailed, clear and concise written documentation.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills and be able to offer multiple solutions to technical and operational problems and challenges.
- Detail-focused, self-directed, ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.