In this role at our International News client’s European base, you will work as directed by the Executive Producer to fulfil the editorial mission of the team and its work with the overall operation of the business. You will also be directed by assigned senior producers.
Your duties may vary according to shift patterns and news demands on the entire team. All members of the team are expected to bring the full extent of your experience and knowledge to bear on the role to the benefit of the entire team. You will have exposure to all functions and may occasionally be called on to ‘act up’ in a senior producer function (including line producing, copy editing, planning, reporting and presenting).
Duties can be expected to include but are not limited to:
- Pitch and produce original and distinctive stories.
- Originate and execute innovative, creative, engaging and accurate content and segments for broadcast and distribution across digital platforms for a global audience.
- Write accurate, compelling, and concise news scripts and other written material for broadcast and digital platforms while adhering to company editorial policies and style guides. Occasionally represent news at the daily and weekly editorial meetings.
- Originate and commission graphics and other creative content.
- Undertake all aspects of daily and long-term planning in consultation with the programme and newsgathering teams and with other company production centres.
- Pitch stories and find top-tier guests to add value to segments; book and co-ordinate on-air guest logistics for daily news programmes.
- Research and prepare briefings on guests for presenters and other producers.
Essential abilities & skills:
- Ability to deliver content to tight deadlines under the pressure of a live news environment while adhering to company policies.
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Have a strong understanding of business, financial, economic & geopolitical issues with the ability to translate complex concepts into everyday language.
- Keen interest in the current affairs and culture of Europe and Asia.
- Ability to work independently but seek guidance where necessary.
- Be able to work irregular hours and an extended schedule as the news cycle demands.
- Ability to develop a good network of contacts in the world of international business, economics, trade, and investment.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and proficiency in the latest digital technology and systems across websites and social media platforms.
- Demonstrate proficiency with editing software such as Avid, Adobe or FCP and of newsroom systems such as ENPS.
- Excel at work within a culturally and ethnically diverse staff.
This is a permanent role but could initially start as freelance.