Our leading broadcaster and telecoms client requires a Platform Control Operational Lead to provide on-site operational management of the client’s broadcast platforms and provide Incident Management on all major platform incidents. With a good knowledge of broadcast infrastructure and a understanding of established operational processes the Operational Lead has to have the confidence to act decisively to provide first line fixes, escalate the incident and carry out incident management activities.
They will provide effective first line support to operational teams at a number of sites when incidents occur, ensuring that cause and impact are followed up in the first instance and accurately documented to allow any required further follow up. They should be able to prioritise and escalate major incidents based on potential customer/client impact.
The Operational Lead will support the Platform Control Team Managers through ensuring established operational processes and procedures are adhered to and that open incidents are resolved in a timely fashion by following the ITIL incident management workflow.
They will proactively manage the up keep of Platform Control documentation and effectively support the Development Team and Service Integration deliver new services and platforms into the department.
The team is responsible for providing first line support for the platforms 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Platform Control optimises the customer experience by managing faults and quickly restoring service in line with the company’s commitment.
- Maintain Operational knowledge of all Platform Control functions
- Incident Management on all Platform related issues
- Support the Operational Teams at various sites by Validating and Prioritising Incidents
- Robustly Drive the Resolution of P1 & P2 Incidents
- Proactively manage open incidents in order to minimize customer impact
- Deliver Senior Management, Stakeholder & User Communications that Inform and Reassure
- Prepare and publish high quality Daily, Incident and Ad Hoc Reports & Metrics
- Maintain logging standards of wider team
- Review and improve PCC process and documentation
- Support the Development Team in delivering change and Operational Readiness activities
- Support the Team Manager in their development of the operational team by providing timely & balanced feedback
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with business owners & stakeholders
- Hours 24x7 Shift based pattern
- Occasional travel between sites in Southern England
Qualifications - A level or Equivalent. Relevant degree/professional IT qualifications
Specialist knowledge - Experience of incident management, DTH platform Ops, non linear content processing workflows,
Experience of interrogating systems, troubleshooting, escalation and reporting, service desk and live broadcast experience
Strong It Skills basic UNIX, LINUX, SQL and Networking