Media Systems Engineer - Broadcast
Our West London based global Broadcast client is looking for a Media Systems Engineer to be involved in the support of the Media Technology Team's file-based workflows such as content delivery for Transmission and Languaging.
The role requires broadcast engineering and IT skills and an enthusiastic self-starter with strong all-round trouble shooting skills and a good team player attitude.
• excellent knowledge of media file formats, codecs, wrappers and related technologies
• experience of troubleshooting problematic media
• managing file delivery mechanisms e.g. Signiant, Aspera
• An understanding of the configuration and support of transcode farms such as ProMedia Carbon, iCR.
• Experience of troubleshooting non-linear workflows, particularly metadata issues, would be advantageous.
• Strong IT skills including Windows Server installation, configuration and operation in an AD environment.
• 1st/2nd line support of Media Technology's file-based workflows;
• Managing configuration changes of current delivery workflows
• Maintaining an up to date record of all open incidents via the departmental ticketing system
• Support of media processing systems; troubleshooting and liaising with 3rd party support to fix issues.
• Support of file delivery systems; troubleshooting and liaising with 3rd party support to fix issues.
• Documenting workflows on the departmental wiki
• Maintaining SOP's and user guides
Good to have:
• AWS experience / knowledge of cloud infrastructure and media supply chains
• Knowledge of subtitle formats and specifications