At this leading international broadcaster working within Post Production, the GFX Editor is primarily responsible for motion graphics creation, customization, reversioning and cutting to clock materials for transmission.
This role requires advanced motion graphics and editing skills utilizing Adobe After Effects and Avid Media Composer.
A thorough understanding of broadcast and technical Post Production workflows is essential.
The GFX Editor will support the Technical Operations Supervisor in providing high levels of customer service to the various channel teams, commissioning teams for original content as well as promo teams and external clients. They may occasionally be required to work on simple compliance projects as well as working on complex GFX and language customisation projects. They will also be required to fulfil Quality Assessment work.
- Designing and creating graphics in After Effects for broadcast in multiple regions
- Creating motion graphics, templates and projects from scratch as well as using and adapting existing After Effects packages.
- Custom motion graphics creation and compositing over picture
- Editing content for broadcast, whether this is reversioning and customizing pre-existing content or cutting from rushes.
- Perform edits according to company tech specs, scripts, insert lists, edit instructions and style guides
- Engage with the Reversioning, Promo and Commissioning teams to maintain the look and feel of the channels
- Communicate queries or missing materials to Edit Bookings, the Edit Coordinators and the Edit Assistants and to other stakeholders
- Liaise with the Content Operations and Network Operations (Net Ops) teams as well as any other relevant stakeholders.
- Report any technical problems to the Post Production Engineering team
- Train junior staff on areas like graphic design
- Maintain QC standards of newly created materials
- The ability to thoroughly carry out metadata entry tasks is crucial
- An impeccable attention to detail is a must
- Responsible for ensuring all operational procedures are followed
- Support the Technical Operations Supervisor in day to day operating duties by feeding back any issues
- Prioritise and deal with queries as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Analyse the current workflow and propose/report anything that can be improved
- Ensures that all aspects of Ofcom – and other relevant regulator - Codes of Practice relating to the channels are observed
- Ad hoc duties
- Ability to perform advanced graphics work using After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to create motion graphic sequences from scratch and also utilize existing After Effects templates.
- Strong design skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Cinema 4D is a distinct advantage
- Able to Offline and Online content for broadcast using Avid Media Composer.
- Some experience with Adobe Premiere
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize and edit in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ideally educated to degree level or recognised equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of file-based workflows and broadcast technology
- Good operational knowledge of editing within a broadcaster
- Excellent understanding of video, grading and audio theory
- Clear, concise naming, filing and organisational skills for asset management
- A pro-active team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
£250.00 day rate, gross.
Generally, Monday to Friday 9-6pm, with the option to do extra time on weekends if priorities dictate.
6 month contract working as PAYE or via Umbrella.