Urgently required - EPG Assistant required for West London based Broadcaster
To work on live Tennis event coverage (26 May – 9 June)
Key purpose of the role:
As the EPG (Electronic Programme Guide) and Listings Co-ordinator, you will be a key member of the Communications department.
The team is responsible for all external promotion of the Broadcasters Sports brand and this position serves as an important role within that operation.
The prime responsibility of the role is to create and distribute programme information to all external media listings contacts, affiliates and partners ensuring they have the most up to date and accurate schedules. This position also requires management of the EPG during live broadcast and ensuring its accuracy at all times across all major TV platforms.
The role also requires weekend work and occasional flexible working hours.
• Research and write EPG programme synopses for all Sport TV channels
• Distribute listings to external listings contacts, affiliates and partners
• Management of EPG accuracy during live broadcast
• Ensure home platforms and services have accurate programme information
• Help support the on-demand catch-up service for key affiliates
• Write promotional programme material to distribute to listings contacts, affiliates
• Manage the image operation to support external promotion
• Attend fortnightly schedules meetings
Skills & experience required
• A strong passion and knowledge of a variety of sports
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• The ability to function within a fast-paced live environment
• Capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously and to the required standard
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
• Strong attention to detail and organisation skills
• An understanding of the sport media landscape
• A team player