This role at our West London based client oversees the daily operations of the Copy Coordinator and Compliance Editing teams, working across multiple channels on both long form and short form content.
If you have an in depth knowledge of OFCOM codes and experience of day-part specific content restrictions and editing techniques for pre-watershed content then this could be your role, especially if you have an efficient work ethic, great attention to detail, a positive attitude and superior communication skills.
The role also requires a proven track record in broadcast operations preferably in an international environment and post production editing experience.
The right candidate will be responsible for documenting workflows, training new staff, liaising with programme planners and editors in territories, and ensuring that the team follows best practices and meets required deadlines. The position will work closely with the Preview and Compliance Editing Manager to ensure that the team’s objectives and goals are met.
• In-depth knowledge of OFCOM codes, especially sections 1 and 2 as relates to programme content. The right candidate will also have experience with day-part specific content restrictions and editing techniques for pre-watershed content.
• Knowledge of advertising regulations and the BCAP code.
• Understanding of file based broadcast facility processes.
• Proven track record in broadcast operations, preferably in an international environment.
• Ideally at least 2 years editing experience (Avid/FCP/Premiere Pro) within a post-production facility or similar.
• Good IT skills and good knowledge of MAM system, scheduling systems or similar.
• Working knowledge of PAL/NTSC standards, conversions and file formats.
• Strong communication skills.
• High levels of personal initiative, motivation and time management.
• Good attention to detail is essential.
• The ability to prioritise tasks in a time pressured environment.
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to different demands.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Lead and develop a team of 5 Compliance Editors and Copy Coordinators.
• Writing and updating SOPs for compliance and copy coordinator workflows, and management of induction and training processes.
• Lead a weekly editor meeting to ensure a shared approach is used across a variety of content genres.
• Supervise and contribute to the end-to-end review and compliance editing process. Liaise with the broadcast engineering department to report and follow up on any technical issues encountered in the compliance editing workflow.
• Responsible for ensuring that all workflows and operational procedures are followed.
• Report on efficiency of edit jobs and copy processing, and highlight opportunities for efficiency improvements. Assist the Preview and Compliance Editing Manager with collating accurate metrics on performance.
• Liaise with planner and acquisition teams in territories to ensure that all acquired material is reviewed and if needed, compliance edited within set deadlines.
• Manage holiday requests for the Compliance Editing and Copy Coordinator teams, updating a “work from home” rota, and closely monitoring team productivity.