No longer open for applications but do register for similar opportunities
Great opportunity for a Compliance Editor based at a West London Global Broadcaster for a maternity cover lasting until May 2020 working for the Nordics region.
Working as part of the Compliance Team responsible for the regulatory compliance of programs across multiple channels in the Nordic countries, the majority of them under an Ofcom license.
The main purpose of the Preview and Compliance Editor role is to review and edit program content for compliance purposes in line with required standard practices.
Tasks include browsing and assessing a variety of program content in real time; completing compliance reports; providing advice on appropriate scheduling and setting program age ratings; linking program versions, and editing content using Adobe Premiere Pro.
The role will require excellent knowledge and understanding of the Ofcom Broadcasting Code and an ability to make solid editorial judgement.
Other responsibilities include liaising with the Program Planning teams in the Scandinavian territories as well as the Content and Scheduling teams in London to guarantee accurate and timely delivered compliance edits for On-Air transmission. Occasionally, the role will also undertake other department tasks such as QC approval, cut-listing and setting break points.
The role will involve extensive use of Media Asset Management system VPMS, scheduling system What’sON, and editing software Adobe Premiere Pro.
• Some knowledge and exposure to the Ofcom broadcasting regulations or an equivalent regulatory body.
• Experience with editing and/or previewing within a post-production or broadcast facility. Experience with content restrictions and editing techniques for pre-watershed content is advantageous.
• Working knowledge of editing software, ideally Adobe Premiere Pro.
• Previous experience in a broadcasting role and knowledge of television process and terminology is preferred, but candidates with an exceptional attitude and other professional experience may be considered.
• Good knowledge of a broadcast scheduling and MAM systems.
• Computer literate with good knowledge of the Microsoft office package.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate problems and offer solutions.
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
• Great attention to details and ability to work to deadlines.
• Scandinavian language skills would be an advantage, but not a must.