As a system engineer you will have technical ownership of the key MAM and VOD encoding, quality control and file delivery systems, providing high-quality proactive maintenance and upgrades.
Our client is a major international broadcaster and this is a very exciting opportunity.
As part of the Production Broadcast Support function, the CSE (Content System Engineering) Specialist is at the cutting edge of the convergence between broadcast and IT cultures. You will have technical ownership of our key MAM and VOD encoding, quality control and file delivery systems, providing high-quality proactive maintenance and upgrades.
- Provide first class 2nd/3rd line support to enterprise MAM Systems and integrated applications.
- Ensure that support and project tasks are carried out to an appropriate level in an appropriate time frame.
- Install, upgrade, patch and develop applications used within MAM and VOD workflows.
- Maintain coordination and communication with other Broadcast Services Engineering and Delivery teams to ensure service levels are met and that operating procedures and high technical standards are applied.
- Work closely with change owners to ensure changes are implemented without service-affecting incidents and are clearly documented to supportable standards.
- Ensure that technical solutions are transitioned into the Support Department from Design and Projects groups.
We would expect the following knowledge and experience:
- Experience with VOD streaming technologies and workflows.
- Experience with video/audio codecs and formats.
- Experience with video/audio quality metrics and analysis.
- Knowledge of Linux administration.
- Knowledge of Broadcast IT Systems and Networking.
- Desirable Experience with applications such as: Elemental, Ateme, Vantage, Cerify, Aurora, Ardome, Aspera, Signiant.
Our client is happy to discuss flexible working and they will pay a top salary for the right candidate.